The JSP offers …
* Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies
* Associate Degree in Biblical Studies
Requirements – 5 CSEC (CXC) or 5 GCE or the equivalent (SSC, Certificate, etc.); English Language is compulsory
In addition to the requirements stated above; Admission is extended to any person of any race who is a member of the church of Christ and who is serious in his/her intent to prepare to serve the Lord effectively.
If a student attends all required classes and gets a passing grade then he / she will be able to graduate in 4½ years. It may be possible to graduate earlier if the student takes on the extra load of studies on approval of the Director or his appointee.
During this course of study it is hoped that students will achieve the following:
1. Accept the Bible as the infallible word of God.
2. See the Bible as the absolute authority in determining the faith and practise of God’s people.
3. Be able to publicly preach and teach the word of God using all the oral skills that he / she acquired during the course of study.
4. Be able to skillfully interpret the scriptures using proper hermeneutical methods.
5. Have a full knowledge of the doctrines of scriptures and be able to teach them competently.
6. Be able to earnestly contend for the faith and defend the truth of the gospel.
7. Be able to start a new congregation or where possible work with an existing congregation.
8. Be able to provide effective leadership in the local church.
Admission is an individual matter and the J.S.P reserves the right to admit or decline applicants upon the basis of personal qualifications. When all the application requirements have been met by the student and acted upon by the School Director, the applicant will be notified of his acceptance or rejection. A personal interview may be required as a part of the application process.
Prospective students must meet all the usual criteria for admission including possessing an unquestioned Christian character and must demonstrate a serious and sustained desire to serve the Lord.
*The school will approve or reject all applications at least one month before the enrollment date (though late-applications are received and processed).
PLEASE NOTE: The Jamaica School of Preaching & Biblical Studies does not offer degrees or other certifications accredited by any secular education association or governing body. J.S.P will accept, on a per case basis, credit hours earned from selected schools of preaching and other institutions of higher learning.