Full Time Studies
The JSP offers …
* Bachelor Degree in Biblical Studies
* Associate Degree in Biblical Studies
* Diploma in Biblical Studies
* Certificates in Biblical Studies
If a student attends all required classes and gets a passing grade then he/she will be able to graduate in 4½ years. It may be possible to graduate earlier if the student takes on the extra load of studies on approval of the Director or his appointee.
During this course of study it is hoped that students will achieve the following:
1. Accept the Bible as the infallible word of God.
2. See the Bible as the absolute authority in determining the faith and practice of God’s people.
3. Be able to publicly preach and teach the word of God using all the oral skills that he/she acquired during the course of study.
4. Be able to skillfully interpret the scriptures using proper hermeneutical methods.
5. Have a full knowledge of the doctrines of scriptures and be able to teach them competently.
6. Be able to earnestly contend for the faith and defend the truth of the gospel.
7. Be able to start a new congregation or where possible work with an existing congregation.
8. Be able to provide effective leadership in the local church.
Any person who meets the approval of the director, or his appointees, may audit courses in the school.
Candidates for Full-time Admission are required to complete the following procedure before official action can be taken by the school concerning the application:
1. The Application for Admission
2. Recommendations Submitted.
3. Transcripts of college courses completed be furnished.
4. Written evidence of adequate support must be furnished.
5. Application fee paid
*The school will approve or reject all applications at least one month before the enrollment date (though late-applications are received and processed).
The Jamaica School of Preaching & Biblical Studies does not offer degrees or other
certifications accredited by any secular education association or governing body. J.S.P will accept, on a per case basis, credit hours earned from selected schools of preaching and other institutions of higher learning.